How we keep you safe
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. During the current Coronavirus pandemic, we’d like to reassure you that our team continues to be committed to everyone’s health and well-being.
We follow all recommendations made by the ODQ/MSSS & CDA. We are continually staying up-to-date to ensure our procedures are current.
We’re implementing extra precautions to exceed all mandated safety procedures, including:
1. Installing extra air turnover & filtration systems in each newly sealed patient room.
2. Taking temperatures of every team member before the day begins with a non-contact infrared thermometer.
3. Wearing the best-available personal protective equipment (PPE), including KN95 masks, face shields & gowns.
What to expect at your next appointment
In addition to the extra sterilization and infection control procedures above, you may notice a few changes at your next appointment.
1. Our office will communicate with you before your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and we’ll also take your temperature.
2. Please bring your own masks & gloves, if possible. Also, you will need your own glasses (safety or otherwise) as we can no longer provide glasses for you.
3. Please arrive on time for your scheduled appointment. The waiting room will not be accessible to maintain social distancing between patients. We also ask that you remain outside the shopping center (preferably in your vehicle) with a mobile phone until we are ready to receive you.
4. As in the past, we proactively clean and disinfect our common areas & patient rooms.
5. Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in and check-out — we encourage you to use it! You will also be asked to use a special mouthwash when you enter the treatment room.
6. We request that families limit non-essential adults during office visits. When possible, only bring the child/children being seen for a visit with one parent/guardian.
7. Patients experiencing a temperature, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted in our office. For emergencies, we will refer you to specialized dental clinics specifically set up. Thank you for your understanding!
While things may look a little bit different in our office right now, know that our dental team is committed to maintaining the quality of our care. We’ve missed seeing you in our office and are ready to safely provide you with the high-quality, comprehensive care you’ve come to expect.